Recent Time Trials
BRS Time trials are one of the most critical ways that we as coaches get feedback on athlete performance, improvements, and training effectiveness...........
but more importantly it is the perfect tool for you to realise your improvements in performance, running efficiency and mental fitness. The more monitoring we do as runners, the greater ability we have to understand how we are going, what training is working for us as individuals, and where we need to improve.
Well done to everybody who completed the Beep Test last week and for the group that participated in the stair challenge. Some outstanding improvements and great benchmarks set for the first timers! Keep an eye on the http://www.brisbanerunsquad.com.au/TTResults.php page, as results will be updated this week.
Recent Uniform Order
Those of you who ordered a uniform with Matt recently will be please to know that Champ Systems will have them to use by Monday 25th October. So if you are participating in the Byron Run, you can proudly wear the blue and white!
Twilight 5.2km Early Bird closes in 3 days!
Get in quick and save money, only $20!
Thursday 4th November, 5pm
A fantastic mid week event around familiar territory, botanical gardens and Southbank.
Early Bird Closes: 15 October 2010, cost $20.00
Choose: I would like to search for an existing team
Search: Brisbane Run Squad
Updated Rain Policy
It looks like we are in for a rainy summer! So time to review and implement a BRS Rain Policy.
From today the Policy is
BRS training will be:
- ON regardless of rain
- Except if is EXTREME (e.g. thunder, lightening, torrential rain, hail, acid rain!)
- if training is cancelled due to extreme conditions, a twitter/facebook notification will be issued at 5pm
- if it is raining or has been raining extensively, the session will always be a long run on safe surfaces, rather than any hill or speed work. Remember the long runs are important to maintain our base aerobic fitness.
- if in doubt, sms Renae (0447 578 200) or Matt (0447 578 205) around 5pm
Mt Cootha Practice Run this Saturday!
This run is designed to put all your hill and aerobic base work into practice, introduce a new terrain and have some fun getting back to nature!!
When: Saturday 16 October, 2010
Time: 6:30am - 8am
Where: Mt Cootha off road trails
Meet: Slaughter Falls Car Park - near the public toilets on Sir Samuel Griffith Drive, 1st left after Birdwood Terrace http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=34+Sir+Samuel+Griffith+Drive,Mt+Cootha&sll=-27.474923,152.965908&sspn=0.028404,0.082912&ie=UTF8&hq=34+Sir+Samuel+Griffith+Drive,Mt+Cootha&hnear=&ll=-27.471991,152.974234&spn=0.007101,0.020728&z=16
Cost: $6 members, $8 non-members
* all abilities welcome, beginners please join us for a modified version up to the summit lookout and back
Renae & Matt