This year was yet another big year for BRS at the Gold Coast Festival.
In 2012, our BRS Registrations were:
Marathoners - 11
Half-Marathoners - 16
10km - 18
2km Junior Dash - 1 totaling 46!
It was a fabulous weekend topped of with a post race celebration lunch at 360 Cafe @ the Grand Hotel.
I have uploaded photos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.398750143515722.88216.101806529876753&type=1
I unfortunately didn't get a chance to catch up with each of you individually, but I know many of you told me about fantastic Personal Best Times!!! Regardless of PB or not, it was great to see everybody out there doing their best and enjoying what the event has to offer!
Our 11 marathon runners braved the hot conditions to bring in some great times.
Our veteran marathoners Matt C and Andy impressed as always coming in under 3 hours, which is a top effort!!
Liss was back for more and another PB with a great time of 3hr25min.
A few newbies to marathons, Will, Jeremy, Natalie, Matt W, Steve A, Geoff and Ashlea all finished which is a fantastic effort in itself, let alone the times they achieved. Matty W ran under 5min/km to come in under 3hrs30mins! Great first time effort!!!
Matty S was also back for more this year coming in well under 4 hours.
16 of our runners were out there on the chilly 6am start.
A few PBs that were mentioned to me were:
- Darrel - aiming for a 1:25 ending up sprinting home in 1:22!! getting better with age D-Man!
- Justine beat her 2012 gold coast time by a whopping 22mins! an amazing effort.
- Steve Mc also ran a personal best, now aiming for under 1:40 next time.
- Michelle W ran her first 1/2 marathon finishing 2 mins ahead of her prediction, YEY
- Andrew absolutely ran his heart out to come in at a PB of 1:36
Many of our 1/2 marathoners came in under the 2 hour mark: Kim D, Irene, Trent, Sean, Jan, Amy - well done! Our other runners did really well, Janet, Katrina, Deanne, and Jessica P finishing well and for Jessica it was her first 21km event!
Always a tough run, the 10km - a sprint on a new course this year.
A few Personal Bests I know of are:
Claire L, Michael Keetman, Steve G, and Steve B. I know Michael was aiming for 47 and came in at 44:38!!
Our fastest 10km runner out there was Alex crossing in 43:45! he was closely followed by Michael G who escaped the camera...not wearing a BRS shirt!!
Jessica completed her first 10km ever coming in at 55:53 a great time and only 5 mins behind mum Sally!
Three of our runners cracked the 50min milestone including: Matt L, Trent, Martin, Raelene and Matt.
Our other 10km stars were Wendy, Mel S, Kathy, Sam, and Karen.
2km Junior Dash
Our star junior runner, 6 year old Mikaela ran under 6min30 pace for her sprint coming in at 12:51, taking 2 mins of her 2011 time!! WELL DONE!!!
As we are still in recovery week, the Saturday session this week will only be a 1.5 hour option.
Where: Meet at Carpark - Storey Bridge Hotel
When: Saturday 5th July
What: long run 1.5hours
Cost: $2 for refreshments
Key Date Reminders:
BRS Entry and Team Codes to help you with your entry.
August 5th - Brisbane Marathon Festival [2.2, 5, 10, 21, 42km]
- Entry Link: http://www.intrainingevents.com.au/default.asp?contentID=44
- Team Entry Details: search for an existing Team = Brisbane Run Squad, there are no team discounts but join and run as part of a TEAM!! so far we are 3rd biggest and they want to do a promo story on us!
- Early Bird where applicable: 10th July
August 26th - Sunshine Coast Marathon [2, 5 10, 21, 42 km]
- Entry Link: http://www.sunshinecoastmarathon.com.au/Sunshine_Coast_Marathon_Home.htm
- Team Entry Details: you can join as part of Brisbane Run Squad by entering our team name. 10% discounts only apply if 5 or more are entered as once. If you are interested, email me by 20th August and I can create a team for discounts (only if I get 5 or more by then)
- Early Bird where applicable: has finished. must enter by 25th August
September 02nd - Bridge to Brisbane [5km or 10km]
- Entry Link: www.bridgetobrisbane.com.au
- Team Entry Details: Join an existing team: 5km BRS Team Code = 73028, 10km BRS Team code = 78760, no discounts here, but again join our TEAM !!
- Early Bird where applicable: no early bird $36
September 16th - Sydney Running Festival [3.5, 9, 21, 42km]
- Entry Link: https://eventdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=118&OrgID=9692
- Team Entry Details: Team: Brisbane Run Squad (sporting); Password: ontour sorry no discounts here either, but run as a BRSer!
- Early Bird where applicable: 31st July to get a free Singlet
1. Design for a singlet
2. Must include the BRS on Tour logo and location, i.e. Sydney Running Festival September 2012.
Submit as a picture file. No colour or other design restrictions
Due Date: Design must be submitted by 31 July 2012
Judging: The winner will be chosen by our Sponsors - Live4theRun
PRIZE: $200 from Mizuno - maybe a new pair of shoes.....new running gear....backpack - choice is yours!!
**Strength and Conditioning starts next Thurs 12th**
We are looking to start another pack for the Strength and Conditioning Sessions similar to last time.
We need 10 people to go ahead so we would like runners to book in for another 6 week pack.
Pack Start Date: Thursday 12th June - 16th July
Pack Duration: 6 weeks
Pack Cost: $60 ($10 per session - great value)
Pack contents: 6 weeks of 1hr sessions with Troy O'Shea qualified strength and conditioning coach
Register your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Renae and Matt