Only 7 sleeps until the Bridge to Brisbane 10km/5km Fun Run!
For many of you, this has been your goal for a long time, 12 weeks, 12months or even years!
So to help you prepare and make the most of the event on Sunday here are some pre-week tips and tricks.
This week is about exercise tapering and mental preparation
- 2-3 runs - 1-2 early in the week, 1 run on the Friday before of 20-30mins with 5 x 30sec medium to hard efforts (final leg tune up!)
- If you usually do ‘pm’ runs, try to do 1-2 of your runs in the ‘am’ to get your body used to it to minimise shock on Sunday morning
- Before your ‘am’ practice sessions, eat what you plan to eat before the event as stomach practice
- Hydrate well – plenty of water all week *don’t leave it to Saturday to hydrate
- Sleep – try to get at least 8 hours each night this week
- Don’t do anything radically different – either exercise, food, or lifestyle
See you this week at BRS or Bridge to Brisbane sessions for our final training runs before Sunday.
Renae & Matt